Who we are
At Cobrainer, we envision a fast and intuitive way for people and organizations to find and connect with relevant expertise needed to drive their ideas and projects.
To make this a reality, our engineers develop software that analyzes large public and private data sets in order to extract expertise information and display it in a clean and intuitive way to the every-day user. Our product brings together methods and concepts such as data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, distributed computing, API design, and user interface design.
We are seeking a Java-based systems developer with a focus on big data systems to ensure high performance of our state-of-the-art Cobrainer expertise management software. As a key addition to our engineering team, you will develop our software in close association with the data analytics, UI and business teams steadily. This includes aspects such as:
- Development data pipelines and processes for big data analytic and data mining systems.
- Development and testing of product features based on our existing in-house software stacks.
- Perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
- Development of interface modules for integration to other data management platforms.
- Developing methods and processes with emphasis on quality, performance, and security.
- You have deep experience in enterprise grade software development and writing reusable Java-based libraries.
- You are familiar with various design, architectural and concurrency patterns in Java.
- You have practical experience with implementing automated functional and unit tests.
- You’re able to construct arguments and suggestions in a structured solution-oriented fashion
- You have a sound understanding of agile workflows and common methods for project management
- Bonus: You are prior experience in implementing data mining, machine learning or deep learning techniques.
- Bonus: You have practical experience in designing and building large-scale distributed software systems and utilizing technologies such a Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and in-memory applications using Java
- Bonus: You have knowledge of data management systems (SQL, NoSQL , Graph databases)
- Bonus: Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Ansprechpartner: Frau Amelie Schlachter