We are looking for experienced and resourceful backend developers (m/f) who like to take new challenges. If you want to bring fitness to the 21st century, join our team in Munich!
Your daily workout
- As a part of one of our agile, cross-functional teams you will work on different parts of the eGym ecosystem with a focus on our backend mainly living in the Java world
- Due to our cross-functional team setup you will solve different challenges and work on tasks that enable you to continuously learn new things
- Typical tasks involve work on the API, design of backend functionalities and their architecture, decision making on technology and putting them into production
- You choose the right tools to solve these challenges, with a great degree of freedom in how to architect your solutions. This includes optimal use of the latest choice of technologies in e.g. microservices, containers, databases and new programming languages and best practices (e.g. TDD, Code reviews, continuous delivery)
- Developers’ responsibility does not end with design and implementation, but also includes running services and taking end-to-end responsibility. This includes DevOps tasks in our cloud-based infrastructure using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Google Compute Engine
Your fitness level
- You are holding a master’s degree in a relevant technical field or gained comparable knowledge
- You bring at least 3-5 years of practical experience in the Java development or other JVM-based languages
- You feel comfortable with Linux both on servers and workstations and appreciate test-driven design as well as test automation
- You know your way around best practices, tools and frameworks to effectively deliver RESTful web services, efficient data storage and great software in general
- You get excited by the idea of a fast paced environment, driven by Continuous Integration and Delivery
- On a team level you enjoy working in an agile style, continuously improving on the development workflows on the tech and non-tech side
The equipment we provide (visit us on kununu and on glassdoor)
- Enjoy the exciting and energizing environment of our fast-growing start-up company
- Learn to work with bleeding edge technologies and expand your knowledge about e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Play Framework, Guice dependency injection, Hibernate, NoSQL databases and more
- Freely assign 10% of your time to own business-related projects during eGym Innovation Weeks
- Enjoy Coding Dojos and regular team events as well as office parties in an international team
Your personal trainer
eGym develops, manufactures and sells advanced software and hardware products for the fitness market. We develop electronic fitness machines and mobile applications connected to our cloud infrastructure. Our iPad app allows the trainers to support the members more effectively by giving them access to workout schedules and training results. Users are enabled to track their training progress using our fitness machines and mobile apps.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org (Cover Letter, CV, references and earliest possible start date in one PDF file) and specify the job ID #344.
Contact: Alexandra Stangl
For further vacancies: https://career.egym.com/
This data protection statement applies for the application process.
Ansprechpartner: Frau Alexandra Stangl