Drug Development Spin-off seeks Business Officer
We are a drug developer spin-off project at the LMU Munich Pharmacy Department, developing a light-activated cancer therapeutic.
Our drug is unique because it can be switched on inside cancer tumours by pulsing it with light, delivering its therapeutic effects specifically to the cancer without the systemic side-effects caused by other chemotherapies. Our patented drug has featured in leading research journals Cell, Cancer Discovery, and Science as well as The Economist, and won the BioVaria Spin-off Award as well as Flügge funding. Our team is now funded by EXIST-Forschungstransfer to take our drug through preclinical testing in animals, and in 2020 we will spin out from the LMU.
We are looking for a dynamic and committed business officer to join our team, to manage our administrative and financial needs, develop our business plan, and coordinate fundraising for our seed investment phase. We need a motivated person for this key role in our small and dynamic team, who will join us full time to help build our company. The Business Officer needs to be fluently bilingual in English and German to handle reporting and networking. The position runs for 2.5 years until company founding, and starts flexibly around Dec 2017 – Feb 2018.
- Preparing a detailed business plan and maintaining it as key milestones are achieved
- Compliance with reporting and administrative requirements to funding bodies (German)
- Preparing and translating documents and presentations (both German and English)
- Finding and applying for further funding (both private, and public funding instruments)
- Contribute to the strategic vision for our business development
- Coordinate and build networking ties with external partners
Skills & Qualities:
- Taking initiative and responsibility, firm commitment to building the project
- Financial and administrative skills, attention to detail, small business accounting literacy
- IT fluency for productive workflow on standard programs (Office etc)
- Professional level fluency in written and spoken German and English is essential
- Motivated by scientific innovation with the prospect of curing fatal diseases
- Personality: enthusiastic and committed; flexible and equipped to handle challenges,
- especially in a startup environment with its associated risks; a self-starter
- Business degree or comparable experience required
- Professional experience after university
- Experience developing and maintaining a business plan desirable (commercial and financial components), preferably in a small company/team setting
To apply to join our team, send your cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com. Early applications are recommended as we will stop searching when we find a suitable candidate.
Ansprechpartner: Frau Yelena Wainman
LMU, Dept. Pharmacy, Butenandtstrasse 5-13
81377 Munich, Germany