CytoSwitch is a drug developer spinoff based at the LMU Munich. We are a team of highly qualified scientists developing an exciting new drug technology to fight cancer tumours.
Our innovative drug was recently published in the prestigious scientific journal Cell and highlighted in popular press including The Economist. We were recognised with several awards including the BioVaria Spinoff Award and Flügge spinoff funding; and in November 2016 we secured a 1.3M€ pre-seed EXIST grant to run our preclinical development work in 2017-2019, taking our main drug candidate through preclinical testing.
We are looking for a Business Officer to complete our team, to manage administrative and financial needs and assist with business plan development and investor networking. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who enjoys playing a key role within a small, dynamic team. CytoSwitch operates in English but the Business Officer needs to be bilingual in German and English to handle reporting and networking. The position is available from Jan/Feb 2017 onwards, and can be part-time or full-time depending on the applicant.
- Preparing a detailed business plan and maintaining it as key milestones are achieved Compliance with reporting and administrative requirements to funding bodies (German)
- Preparing and translating business documents and presentations (German and English)
- Applying for further funding instruments together with the founder team Help develop a strategic view for our business development, with broader perspectives
Skills & Qualities:
- Financial and administrative skills, attention to detail, taking initiative and responsibility
- Accounting literacy in a small business model; financial planning; mastery of Office suite Fluency in German and English to a professional standard is essential (written and oral)
- Motivated by scientific innovation with the prospect of curing fatal diseases Personality: enthusiastic and committed; flexible and equipped to handle challenges, especially in a small business/startup environment with associated risks; a self-starter.
Business degree or comparable experience Experience in developing and maintaining a business plan (commercial and financial components) preferably in a startup setting, or comparable experience and expertise
Would you like to be part of the early development of a ground-breaking cancer therapeutic? Interested applicants should send their CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with details of their references. Applications close December 16th 2016.
Ansprechpartner: Frau Yelena Wainman